Recommended Food List Following Oral Surgery
Call us in Midtown NYC at ☎ Central Park Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery NYC Phone Number 212-888-8889 with any questions about Recommended Foods before Oral Surgery or for more information about Oral Surgery services or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Klausner.
Patients who are well prepared for their surgery usually end up having a smoother recovery. We advise our patients to plan ahead and by some soft food items prior to surgery.
Soft foods may be recommended by your oral surgeon after these procedures:
- Hearty soups ( cream of asparagus, lentil, minestrone, split pea )
- Juices ( cranberry, apple, grape ), avoid citrus juices for a few days
- Herbal Tea
- Yogurt ( soft or frozen )
- Soft fruits ( banana, papaya, berries, canned peaches or pears )
- Ice cream and milkshakes
- Fresh cooked vegetables
- Fruit smoothies/protein shakes
- Oatmeal/cream of wheat
- Eggs ( scrambled, soft boiled, egg salad )
- Mashed Potatoes
- Rice, Risotto
- Pasta ( plain or with sauce )
- Fish ( soft white fish, sole, trout )
Please AVOID the following foods for the first week following surgery:
- Spicy Foods
- Foods that are difficult to chew ( steak, poultry, deli meats)
- Popcorn, pretzels, potato chips
- Crusty breads, bagels, cookies
- Alcoholic beverages
On the day of surgery, begin with CLEAR FLUIDS ( juice, luke-warm broth, tea, Jell-O) and then progress slowly to more substantial foods. Remember, it is important to maintain nutrition for optimal healing to occur.
In the New York area? Questions about your oral surgery with Dr. Klausner? Call our Midtown NYC office at ☎ Central Park Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery NYC Phone Number 212-888-8889 for more information or to schedule your appointment.