Your First Visit
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation with Dr. Klausner explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. In most instances, surgery can be done on the same day as the consultation. However, a patient who presents with a complex medical history will require an evaluation prior to surgery. Any patients who present with conditions that require a complex surgical treatment plan will require an initial evaluation as well.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral card and copies of any X-rays/Jaw scans if applicable (these can be emailed to our office prior to your appointment)
- A list of ALL medications you are presently taking and any medications that you are ALLERGIC to
- If you have medical or dental insurance, please bring both of your insurance cards. This will save time and allow our office staff to help you to process any claims.
- Meet Dr. Klausner
- Call Central Park Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery NYC Phone Number 212-888-8889 with questions
- Get Map & Directions to our office
IMPORTANT: All patients under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian both at the consultation and surgical visits.
A pre-operative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing intravenous anesthesia for surgery. Please have nothing to eat or drink eight (8) hours prior to your surgery. You will need an adult over the age of 18 to accompany you home following surgery.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and/or joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office via email. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility. Our office is equipped with a state of the art 3D cone beam CT scanner which can image our entire jaw and facial regions.